This is a primary instrument for Achieving 100% Ownership. Whether you use CODEOWNERS or not, you will be able to see the knowledge distribution of your teams directly on a codebase map and find experts with the highest hands-on experience in the area.
All metrics respond to selected codebase map depth level:
1. CODOWNERS Coverage - using CODEOWNERS? This will measure how many files from your codebase are mentioned in the CODEOWNERS.
2. Modularization Progress - this calculates how many files from your codebase are mapped into modules.
3. Confidence Score - this shows how many files in your codebase have Engineers with significant hands-on experience.
4. Lost Knowledge - this shows how many files in your codebase haven't been modified in a long time. Practical understanding of these files have likely been lost.
Map has two levels of depth:
1. Codebase level (All connected repositories):
Map is interactive. You can highlight specific data set on any map depth:
Confidence by team or domain (tribe);
CODEONWERS by team or domain (tribe). Codigy parses GitHub groups & teams and associates them with team in Codigy;
Conflicts between Confidence & CODEOWNERS.
Cases where multiple or no owners are assigned.
Import & Export
Codigy can ingest you GitHub CODEOWNERS files and this data on the map. Since GitHub groups are also supported, you can:
Highlight and review areas where multiple or no owners are assigned;
Quickly re-assign owners right on the map interface;
Generate and download a new CODEOWNERS files;
Monorepo and polyrepo cases are supported;
Need a more detailed explanation about any of the Codigy metrics or mechanics? Fire away in our community chat on Discord 👌
This page was last revised on April 24, 2023Back to main
2022 Code analytics software | Codigy. All Rights Reserved, Codigy UAB ©